Keep Our NHS Public (‘We’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Keep Our NHS Public, Unit 13, Springfield House, 5 Tyssen Street, London, E8 2LY.
When you use our site, you may provide certain information by which you can be personally identified, for example when commenting on posts. You can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, email and, optionally, site address are collected when you make a comment on the site
- Your IP address and the names of any content you have viewed (pages, images, documents etc.)
- If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence
Note: To register as a member or affiliate of KONP, some personal information such as an address is required, however, this information is not stored on our site, nor is any payment data.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To ensure content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of our site and service, when you choose to do so
- To analyze site usage
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Google Analytics (GA)
This site uses PayPal as its means of payment for donations, subscriptions and items in our shop. All required billing information is stored by PayPal but is not stored on this site. PayPal’s privacy information is set out here.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and this privacy statement does not govern such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Our Cookies help:
- Effectively administer our website
- Improve the user experience
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Aggregate information about the usage and effectiveness of our site
- Collect any personal identifiable information (without your permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
Our own cookies
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Storing whether you’ve been shown the cookie warning pop-up text
- Tracking anonymous visits to our website for statistical purposes
Turning Cookies Off
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings. You can disable them completely by editing your browser settings, however in doing so you may be limiting the functionality on this and other websites.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website, which stores some non-personally identifiable data in cookies.