- This event has passed.
Remembering Pete Gillard (1949-2020)
May 9 - 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
As many members and supporters will be aware, we have recently lost Pete Gillard, an active member of the Executive Committee of Keep Our NHS Public, Treasurer of our sister group Health Campaigns Together, and a stalwart campaigner in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Defend Our NHS.
An obituary of Pete can be read in the In Memory section of our website.
An online event to celebrate Pete’s life is being held over Zoom from 8pm on Saturday 9th May by Pete’s partner, Gill, and by a number of his political comrades, at which John Lister, of Keep Our NHS Public and Health Campaigns Together, will be speaking. Any members and supporters of Keep Our NHS Public who would like to attend are warmly invited to do so. The full details can be found here.
* Music: Donna Donna (Joan Baez)
* Pat Stack
* Tony Woodhouse
* John Lister
* Sherry Wolf
* Music: Don’t let me be misunderstood (The Animals)
* Family: Anne George, Janet George, Rachel Woolf
* Sylvia Jones
* Music: Blackleg Miner (Steeleye Span)
* Miriyam Aouragh
* Shanice McBean
* Music: Which side are you on? (Pete Seeger)
* Ian Allinson
* Gill George
* Music: The Internationale (Open Voice choir and comrades)
* Open microphone (20 minutes where you can indicate you want to speak for up to 2 minutes using the zoom chat if you can, or zoom’s “raise hand” function.)
* Music: Solidarity Forever (Pete Seeger)