ALTHOUGH ICSs ARE NOW IN PLACE, CAMPAIGNERS STILL NEED TO ACT
Each ICS Board has to produce a Constitution, shaped and approved by NHS England. This gives some indication of the stance an ICB will take on matters such as the provision of emergency services to people not viewed as resident within the ICS; whether it will allow representatives of private companies on its Partnership Board; or whether it will enable the public to attend and put forward questions at ICS meetings, and view the minutes of meetings.
Find out the constitution of your local ICS Board here
THINGS YOU CAN DO
* Write to the Chair of your Integrated Care Board (ICB) to demand action on important issues arising from the Bill. See here for current list of ICS Chairs.
* Use this template letter as a guide and try to put the issues in your own words.
* See the list of KONP demands for ICSs
* You can use the letter to contact others in your area, such as local authority councillors. who are interested or involved in how the ICB will function.
* Here are suggestions for people to contact locally.
* See also We Own It letter-writing campaign to ICB Chairs demanding that no private companies are involved in ICBs
* You can search for information about private contracts in your local ICB by searching our NEW ICB databases