Professor Stephen Hawking will give the keynote speech at a public debate on the past, present and future of the NHS hosted by ‘Discourse’ and the Royal Society of Medicine on Saturday 19th August. The debate will simultaneously occur online through Twitter using the hashtag #TalkNHS.
The keynote will end a day in which a wide-ranging panel discusses the state of the NHS, the circumstances and decisions that led to it, and the actions needed to ensure the NHS sustains its founding principles in and beyond its 70th year.
KONP campaigners, please join in this debate!
- Dr Sarah Wollaston, Conservative MP and Chair of the Health Select Committee
- Nigel Edwards, Chief Executive of the Nuffield Trust
- Professor Neena Modi, President of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Lara Carmona, Associate Director of Policy Royal College of Nursing
- Dr Clare Gerada, former Chair of the Royal College of General Practitioners
- Liz McAnulty, Chair of Trustees, the Patients Association
- Dr Ayan Panja, General Practitioner and Broadcaster
- Dr Philippa Whitford MP, SNP MP and Shadow SNP Spokesperson for Health
- Peter Roderick, Principal Research Associate, Inst of Health & Society, Newcastle Univ [Peter is author of the NHS Reinstatement Bill]
Time and date: 09.30 on Saturday 19 August
Venue: Royal Society of Medicine, 1 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 0AE
Register at www.rsm.ac.uk/talknhs.